Calculate Yield, Not Risk With TraitGuard
Farming conditions can be unpredictable. And considering how much hard work, time and money you invest into your field,
you want to remove as much risk as possible and so do we. TraitGuard™ was designed specifically to protect your investment
in InVigor® hybrid canola from early-season crop establishment risk.
With TraitGuard, you can get back the trait fee that is included in each bag of InVigor hybrid canola seed
for acres that have been reseeded or taken out of production by June 28th, 2013. If you reseed back with InVigor,
you are eligible for additional compensation.
Get Up To $25/Acre Back
The TraitGuard reimbursement is calculated by determining the number of bags of InVigor hybrid canola seed that was used
on the acres reseeded or taken out of production, based on 10 acres per 22.7 kg bag of seed.
- Acres out of production - up to a maximum of $12.50/acre
- Acres Reseeded:
- InVigor reseeded back to InVigor - up to a maximum of $25/acre
- InVigor reseeded to any other crop type or canola variety - up to a maximum of $12.50/acre
Simple TraitGuard Qualification
Making a qualified TraitGuard claim is simple. The area planted to InVigor hybrid canola must either be reseeded
that same growing season or taken out of production. Areas that are deemed "lost" but kept for harvest are
not eligible for TraitGuard.
- Out of Production claim minimum is 100 acres.
- Reseed back to InVigor minimum claim is 50 acres.
How To Make A TraitGuard Claim
All claims must be registered on or before June 28th
, 2013. There are two ways to register your claim:
- Enter your claim on-line
- Call the LTA call centre at 1-888-283-6847
For acres taken out of production
These acres must be taken out production by spraying or cultivation no later than July 15th, 2013.
For reseeded acres
The TraitGuard program applies to the area claimed for reseeding, regardless of the reseeded crop type. If you reseed back to InVigor hybrid canola,
you are eligible for a refund to cover the cost of the trait fee as well as the Bayer CropScience reseeding program. And remember, you must register your claim
within 15 working days of reseeding and before June 28th, 2013.
What Information Is Required When Making A TraitGuard Claim?
When making a claim, you must have a valid email address, your LTA number, acres claimed, legal land description, the InVigor canola variety
type, name of retailer and the number of bags of InVigor seed planted in the claim field. Retailers are not involved in TraitGuard claims.
Once you have registered your TraitGuard claim, the claim may be verified with a field visit by a Bayer CropScience representative.
- Bayer CropScience, acting in good faith, has the sole discretion in determining whether a grower qualifies for TraitGuard.
- Bayer CropScience reserves the right to audit a TraitGuard claim and the grower agrees to provide Bayer CropScience all relevant information requested to facilitate an audit including transactional information through retailers.
- Transactional information will be validated by the LTA call center.
- Growers with eligible claims will be issued cheques directly from Bayer CropScience, approximately 6 weeks after validation of purchase data.
- Grower must have a valid LTA and have purchased InVigor hybrid canola from an authorized retailer for use in the 2013 growing season.
- All reporting conditions and deadlines must be met.
- Grower shall repay Bayer CropScience any TraitGuard payment received in error or where qualification is in dispute. Bayer CropScience shall have full rights of set off against any funds owing to grower.
- Grower agrees to sign the TraitGuard release.
For Further Information
Call the Bayer CropScience LTA Call Centre 1-888-283-6847.